From pyrotechnics to powerful music, Winter Jam 2012 Tour Spectacular is off to a great start. Completing its first weekend on a 47-city tour, Winter Jam is just getting warmed up. Are you ready for Winter Jam? Get your group together and get there early!
“We are really excited about what God is doing with Winter Jam this year,” said Eddie Carswell, founding member of NewSong, who hosts Winter Jam and is one of the 10 bands featured on tour. Winter Jam 2012 also features Skillet, Sanctus Real, Peter Furler, Kari Jobe, Building 429, Group1Crew, and a Pre-Jam party with Dara Maclean, We As Human and For King & Country. Illusionist Brock Gill delivers heart-stopping thrills with a powerful message, while Nick Hall of the PULSE movement offers the gospel message with a heart for young people.
Here is a recap of what God did during the first weekend of Winter Jam!
Friday, Jan. 6th
Charleston, WV / Charleston Civic Center
Attendance: SOLD OUT! 9,389 up from 7,500 last year!
Thank you to the following radio stations for supporting this show: K-LOVE, Air 1, WALK FM, Spirit FM and WEMM FM.
Saturday, Jan. 7th
Raleigh, NC / RBC Center
Attendance: 10,581. First time in this city!
Thank you to the following radio stations for supporting this show: His Radio, K-LOVE, Air 1 and Christian 107.3 / WCLN.
Sunday, Jan. 8th
Charlotte, NC / Time Warner Cable Arena
Attendance: SOLD OUT! 12,248
Thank you to the following radio stations for supporting this show: WMIT 106.9 The Light, WRCM, His Radio and K-LOVE.
Here is the best news of all from this past weekend!
The official ministry report from Weekend #1! (Courtesy of Nick Hall, Winter Jam speaker):
* More than 70 youth pastors united each night for a time of encouragement from artists and prayer for God to move.
* More than 25 youth pastors volunteered each night to distribute hundreds of Gospels of John during the invitation.
* 10,500 people (estimated by tour and venue officials) stood to indicate a response to the Gospel (first time or rededication to Christ)
* Approximately 3,200 RESET Gospels of John were distributed
* 1,396 people texted in a response and received immediate contact and encouragement for growth. Subsequent follow up texts include encouragement to Read God's Word, grow in faith through pulsereset.com, get connected to the body of Christ, and ask questions of Nick.
* 224 engaged in follow up dialog on Facebook.
* Over 100 engaged in follow up dialog on Twitter. A 7-day email devotional began for those desiring further communication.